[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

FireWalls

-- [ From: Zev Davidovics * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

I would like to begin a small discussion regarding Firewalls.

In my office, we currently have a T1 line that goes directly into an
ethernet hub... the main hub... where all of the other computers in my
office are connected to.

I have just taken of as Network Administrator and I was wondering what would
be the simplest and cheapest way to implement a secure firewall in our
office.

We run Solaris 2.4, NT, Windows 3.11, and Windows 95...

What I am looking for is information on where the firewall should be placed
on the network... what machine should be used...does this machine need two
network cards... can it also be my Web Server...

As one can see from my questions, I have a lot to learn...

If anyone could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it...

Take care,

Zev Davidovics